Spring is finally making an appearance in Atlanta. We usually enjoy 70 degree days staring in February, but this year we’ve been stuck in the 50s for weeks. The last several days have given me hope that spring is in fact coming and we can start cooking and eating outside. During the spring and summer months, my grill or Big Green Egg becomes my primary cooking device.
We consume a fair amount of salmon and this simple recipe is one of my favorite preparations. Cedar planks are available in many supermarkets these days and can be found with charcoal in the outdoor cooking section. When placed on a hot grill, the cedar smolders just enough to mildly flavor the salmon with smoke. Lemon dill aioli makes the perfect accompaniment to the salmon. This recipe takes minutes to make and is great for a quick week night meal.
4 salmon filets
Old Bay Seasoning
Extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
1 garlic clove, finely minced
Lemon wedges, for garnish
1. Preheat grill.
2. Season salmon with Old Bay Seasoning and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Top cedar planks with salmon and place on grill. Grill for 10 to 15 minutes depending on thickness of salmon. Test for doneness by pressing on the filet. If it starts to flake, it's done.
4. Mix mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, and garlic.
5. Serve salmon with lemon wedges and aioli.
Latest posts by Bill Harris (see all)
- Tandoori Chicken - August 29, 2014
- Green Goddess Chicken Salad with Fennel and Red Pepper - August 26, 2014
- Ancho Pork Belly Tacos with Pickled Onions and Avocado Mayo - August 22, 2014